Fabulous news has just hit our inbox and one I think MSX gamers across the globe will be excited for, as Locomalito, the same designer behind games such as the fantastic Ghouls ‘n Ghosts style game of Maldita Castilla, and the awesome shoot em up teamed up with Gryzor87 for ‘Super Hydorah’, has announced the release of MUTANTS FROM THE DEEP; a fantastic looking under water shooting game that is available for the MSX and will also be released soon for Windows.
Although Mutants from the Deep was actually finished in 2018 as a Windows game mimicking the technical limitations of the MSX1 computers, our good friend Gryzor87 who did the sound effects and music for Super Hydorah, sent the game over to Manuel Pazos and Fernando García who could actually port the game to a real MSX fitting it in to a 64k cartridge, which is the version you’ll be playing today on your home retro computer or playable online.
- Look and feel of a MSX1 game from 1987 (Windows)
- 2 characters, 2 stories and 1 special ending.
- 7 levels with different scroll directions.
- A single health bar for the entire game.
- Stores to upgrade your gear.
- Around 25 minutes of game length (once fully mastered).