DOSBox-X v0.82.8 – EmuCR
DOSBox-X v0.82.8 is released. DOSBox-x is a branch of DOSBox v0.74. DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, joystick, modem, etc., necessary for running many old MS-DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and FreeBSD.
* New xBRZ scaler (with bilinear mode) (Alexat)
* Fixed aspect ratio correction to use the ratio given by VGA emulation
* instead of assuming 4:3
* output=surface and xBRZ now permit filling the window just like
* output=opengl and output=direct3d
* Added critical section around Windows SDL 1.x resize code to solve
* the remaining 0.5% probability that resizing the window causes move
* and resize to stop working in Windows 10.
* INT 10h AH=10h now ignores AL=3 in PCjr mode.
* Fixed keyboard handler bug in PCjr mode that caused some CPU
* register corruption and general crashiness in games.
* Improved shell: (Aybe, Joncampbell123)
* Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right permits word-navigation.
* Added emulation of ‘Ins’ key behavior.
* Num Lock, Caps Lock, Scroll Lock are now synchronized at startup
* and when DOSBox-X window gains focus again (Windows). (Aybe)
* Added visual feedback to Hat/D-pad buttons in mapper. (Aybe)
* Added documentation for ‘dir’ command sorting switches. (Aybe)
* Menu ‘Show console’ is now checked with ‘-console’ (SDL1). (Aybe)
* Improved joystick support (see README.joystick): (Aybe)
* Added deadzone and response for joystick axes.
* Axes can be remapped for devices with questionable layout.
* User-settable deadzones for joystick bindings in mapper,
* mappings like WSAD keys to axes is less frustrating.
* Improved mouse integration (Aybe):
* Now by default DOSBox-X does not emulate mouse movement when the mouse
* is not locked. This gives a consistent experience when compared to host OS.
* For the old behavior, use [sdl] mouse_emulation=always.
* Added visual or auditive feedback about auto-lock state (Windows).
* This feature can be switched off, use [sdl] autolock_feedback=none.
* Added CAPMOUSE program for capturing/releasing mouse from command line. (Aybe)